National Eligibility Test
Syllabus for UGC-NET
|National Eligibility Test|
Syllabus N E T Subjects
The subjects with their respective codes are given below :
Note: Please note that all syllabus are in Acrobat PDF format require Acrobat reader to open.If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed on your desktop.
CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2018: CBSE has laid out the eligibility criteria for CBSE UGC NET 2018. The following article informs the educational qualification, number of attempts, age limit and other such details in order to register for the national level exam.
- Candidates must check CBSE UGC NET eligibility before filling up CBSE UGC NET Application Form.
- The basic eligibility for CBSE UGC NET is that a candidate should have passed graduation with at least 55% marks.
- A candidate must not be more than 28 years as on January 1, 2018 for applying for Junior Research Fellowship.
- There will be relaxation of up to 5 years for candidates belonging to reserved categories
- There is no limit confined for the number of attempts.
- Ph.D. degree holders will be given relaxation of 5% aggregate marks if they have completed master’s degree before September 19, 1991 for appearing in CBSE UGC NET 2018.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Eligibility – Academic Qualification
For candidates who wish to sit for NET 2018 conducted by UGC, CBSE has laid down some eligibility conditions that must be fulfilled to appear for CBSE UGC NET 2018 examination. Candidates must be aware of these conditions before applying for CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam.
Given below is the eligibility criteria to appear for CBSE UGC NET 2018:
- Candidate must have scored at least 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ST, OBC- NCL, PwD) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from university recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. to be eligible for CBSE UGC NET 2018.
- Candidates who are presently in the final year of their Master’s program or those who are waiting for their final year results can appear for CBSE UGC NET 2018 test.
- Such candidates will be admitted provisionally and will be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship or eligible for Assistant professor post, only after they secure at least 55% aggregate marks (50% for OBC (Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PwD category) in Master’s Program.
- Candidate in holding of Ph.D. degree will be eligible to appear for NET 2018 examination if they had completed their Master’s Degree by September 19, 1991. Such candidates will be given relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
- It is advisable for candidates to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. If your post- graduate subject is not in the list, you can opt for related subject.
- Candidates must not send any certificates or documents along with the application form to CBSE.
- If candidate is found to be ineligible, their candidature will stand cancel in such event. Such candidate will be liable for legal action.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Age Limit and Relaxation
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Age Limit and Relaxation for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor is given below:
Junior Research Fellowship
- A candidate must not be more than 28 years as on January 1, 2018.
- There will be relaxation of up to 5 years for candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST, OBC- NCL, and PwD) and also to women applicants.
- Candidates with research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority, will be given relaxation.
- Three years’ relaxation in age will be permissible to candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree.
- No upper age limit has been decided by UGC for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- A candidate will be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions, if they successfully clears NET/SLET/SET exam.
- Candidates who have been awarded a PhD Degree by UGC according to the minimum standards and procedure for the award, will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 will also be exempted from appearing in CBSE UGC NET 2018.
- Candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor prior to June 1, 2002, will be exempted from appearing in NET.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Eligibility – Category-Wise
CBSE UGC NET Eligibility 2018 for General Category
Following is the General category eligibility who fulfil the CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam:
- 55% aggregate in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree.
- The candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship must be equal to 28 years.
- There will be no upper age limit for the post of Lecturer/Assistant Professor.
- The age relaxation is also provisioned for the candidates with experience of research (provided they have to obtain a certificate of the same to get the relaxation).
- The categorical relaxation in age will be allowed on the ground of producing relevant certificate.
- The candidates will not get any age relaxation of more than 5 years either through one or multiple clause.
- The certificates which will be considered as the proof of age are 10th standard marksheet or passing certificate and DOB certificate.
CBSE UGC NET Eligibility 2018 for ST/SC/OBC/ PWD Category
Following is the ST/SC/OBC/ PWD category eligibility who fulfil the CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam:
- 50% aggregate in Master’s Degree.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level exam has completed by September 19, 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks i.e. from 55% to 50% for appearing in NET.
- A final year student of Master’s Degree or passed out student whose result is still awaited is also eligible for CBSE UGC NET Exam.
- However, such students will only be considered for the admission for the Award of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor when they have passed their Master’s Degree with required percentage criteria.